1. Sight in gun with factory sights to 100 yards
2. Adjust peep tang sight so that you are in the middle of the adjustment- windage and elevation.
3. Place peep tang sight on tang so that when looking through peep sight aperture, all sights are in alignment.
4. Mark the holes-#009800 hole spacing is 2.185” center to center.
5. Make sure you are center (left to right) on the tang.
6. Remove stock and put gun in vise
7. Center punch holes.
8. Recheck for center alignment.
9. Drill with undersize drill, in case you are not center. Drill size #32 or smaller for both holes.
10. Now that you are center-drill with #21 drill bit and tap with a #10-32 tap.
11. Keep chips from entering gun by using a heavy tap oil when tapping.
12. Remove chips and mount sight.
13. Some cases you may have to shorten the screws.
14. Remove gun from vise and reinstall stock.
Marble Arms® Standard Peep Tang Sight List by Manufacturer
The Marble Arms® Peep Tang Sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. The adjustments are micrometer precise. Each firm detent click equals four-tenths of an inch movement at 100 yards.
The Marble Arms® Peep Tang Sight is one of the cornerstones of our line. In the days when iron sights were the rule and scopes were the exception, the Peep Tang Sight was considered the top of the line in both precision shooting and general hunting. The increase in speed is due to the way your vision is drawn through the rear sight. You don’t have to acquire a sight picture. You are looking through the rear sight not at the rear sight. Just put the front sight where you want to shoot and squeeze the trigger. It’s the fastest sight combination for Cowboy Action Shooters. Webster Marble advocated a tang mounted peep sight on every hunting gun and called the Peep Tang Sight "the perfect rear sight." Once you use one, you will agree.
Marble Arms® Standard Peep Tang Sight Maintenance & Care
Marble Arms® #009800-#009808 Peep Tang Sight Installation
Marble Arms® Standard Peep Tang Sight List by Sight Base Number
Marble Arms® Standard Peep Tang Sight Specifications
Windage adjustment has 66 clicks=.260”
Elevation adjustment has 85 click=.335”
Each click is about 1/4” of adjustment at 100 yards
The further the target the smaller the aperture is recommended.
To adjust windage, turn windage knob clockwise to move right and counter clockwise to move left.
To adjust the elevation, turn elevation knob to left to move up and to the right to move down. Never move tang fully forward or damage will occur to sight.